Tuesday, September 13, 2005

starting over

well, since my first few blog entries disappeared, i guess i'll just start over. in a way, this is quite fitting, since i just arrived yesterday in Künzelsau, and i feel like I'M starting over =) for one thing, it's just strange to be in a high school setting again. that's something i haven't really experienced in, what, 5-6 years?!? today was my first day at the school, so there was, of course, a lot going on. i met about 8 million people, shook 8 million hands--i'd forgotten how much people in germany like to shake hands!! i mean, yes, we do that in the states, too, but at my age, not so much... i guess it just feels really formal to me. but the real problem is that i met so many people, that i'm never going to be able to remember all of their names! (assuming i can pronounce them in the first place!!) people have done really well with my name, though, which i find impressive. normally, the "th" is mispronounced. but i've mostly met english teachers, so they've had lots of practice with that sound!

so far everyone i've met has been EXTREMELY nice, which is good, and i think i might even like it here, assuming i survive the first couple of weeks =) wish me luck!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home