Monday, April 23, 2007

oh, for the love of mondays

i'm sitting outside, probably getting a sunburn--me and my pale midwestern self--and i don't even care, because it is GORGEOUS outside!! why do i live in michigan, when i could live in california?? =)

fortified with coffee, pop-tarts and leftover pizza, i'm sitting out on my friends' patio pondering my future--and procrastinating. i'm supposed to be filling out assorted applications and writing various treatises extolling my virtues and superior skillset. what rubbish! =) geoff, the g-nome (yes, g-nome) is standing on the table next to me, mid-stride, tirelessly smoking his plastic pipe as he stationarily pushes his no longer existing wheelbarrow across the tempered glass. i keep an eye out for jerry, the mouse we spotted running across the patio yesterday, but he seems to have moved on to bigger and better things. unlike yours truly, who is still sitting in the sun, turning pinker by the minute.

i was just chatting with a friend whose roommate works for the british consulate and just wrote something that will probably be read by the queen. good god!!! the queen?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home