Tuesday, August 22, 2006

stand up, stand up for your rights

for as little as i do these days, my life seems (to me) awfully turbulent. i mean, really, what do i do?? i make coffee, sleep, and be social. little else is required of me. that shouldn't be stressful. in fact, when the whole return to starbucks was originally arranged, i was moderately annoyed that i would have to come back as a barista instead of as a shift supervisor (basically just because it's less $$), because they didn't have a shift position open at the time, but lately, that's been the greatest thing. i don't HAVE to care about things. i do, of course, because that's just me, but i don't HAVE to. it's not my JOB. that's not what they pay me for.

at least it wasn't until the other night, when the closing shift decided he'd had enough and walked out mid-shift. (he was, however, responsible enough to make sure another shift came in early and would be able to close with us. and really, while i can't exactly say i _support_ walking out like that, i don't blame him at all...) needless to say, they bumped me back up to a shift supervisor in a hurry. (everybody sing: "what a difference a day makes...") i got my keys today, and it was weird. they felt so familiar in my hand as i was walking home. but i'm not ready for this!!! ("I don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys 'r' us kid...")


in other very exciting news, i got my car back!!!! (pictures forthcoming.) my theory on why it decided to break down in indiana is that it didn't like its new name: white trash. because's it's white and trash. but the trip back was uneventful this time. except that the speedometer goes a little nuts once you hit about 65 mph. it just jerks violently back and forth between 60 and 100, so you have no idea how fast you're actually going. but you know, other than that... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home