Thursday, September 29, 2005

arachnophobia!

i have a confession. i really really really hate spiders. it's not that i'm afraid of them exactly, except that sometimes really, i am... but mostly, i just really don't like them. and my room is in what is essentially the basement here. and you all know about spiders and basements. they go together like love and marriage, like a horse and a carriage...you get the point. i can't even count them. i've seriously had to kill like 3 of them a day!! and those are just the ones that have actually frightened me! the rest i leave alone!!! there are even two, that live quite comfortably out of arms reach on the ceiling in my room. i feel so bad about killing the others--they're a part of nature, and it's not like it's their fault they have 8 scary long legs and are ugly and happen to live in or near my room!!

i was actually doing ok until the other night--i was lying on my bed, reading a book, minding my own business... then all of a sudden i see something out of the corner of my eye. something big and dark and scuttling across my floor! it was the hugest spider i'd seen here yet! maybe even the biggest spider i've ever seen inside of a building! you can't just let something like that go!! it could kill you!! the kind you have to kill right away, because if you stand there looking at it for too long, you lose your nerve, because it's so huge and freakish! so, of course, i had to do it. i had no choice. the thought of waking up with that thing on my face... i don't want to talk about it... but so far, the spiders are scarier than the students, so i can't really complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home