Thursday, October 13, 2005

moment of silence

so there's been all this drama about getting me keys for the school because of insurance issues and blah blah blah, and i finally got a key today!! but when i went to put it on my keychain, i realized i needed another key ring, because all of my keys (all 3 of them!!) don't quite fit. so i added buying a key ring to my list of things to do today and went on about my business. then, about 10 minutes later, as i was grabbing my keys so i could get into the computer room, i remembered that i have another key ring in my room at home with my car key on it. (don't ask why i brought my car key with me to germany, when my car was staying in michigan...) cool, so i'll just use that key ring, and i'll have to find somewhere else to put my car key, where i'll remember it in 9 months... then it hit me. wait. my car is dead. i don't have a car anymore. the car key sitting on my table at home is completely useless. my car is gone. SAD!!!

yeah. i got all weird and nostalgic about my car today!! for those of you who don't know, about 3 weeks after i got to germany, my car decided it just couldn't go on without me. after 6 and half years of loyal companionship and faithful service, she was through. she just couldn't go any further. not that i can blame her!! my poor little red car that took me everywhere!! to california and back 800 times and between ann arbor and chicago every couple of months or to new york or tennessee or or or... and now she's gone. sad.

i know this comes as a shock to some of you, and if you need to talk, or if you want to share a memory or a thought, you know what to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger be said...

it IS sad, isn't it?? i mean, i'm kind of enjoying life without a car in germany and all, although i do miss fighting for a parking spot on ann street! =) but the idea that my car won't be there when i get back... i don't know. it's just...wrong, somehow!!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home